Hi Everyone! As we continue to see COVID-19 cases surge, we are concerned for the well-being of the world. In addition to wearing masks, washing hands, and taking other safety protocols, it is also important to make sure our immune systems are functioning at their full capacity.
This week we want to spotlight an ingredient in our Immunity Powder to put your minds at ease:
Triphala, the Sanskrit word for “three fruits,” is an herbal blend used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years.
The three fruits—Indian gooseberry, Black myrobalan, Belleric myrobalan—are native to India and are believed to benefit the body, mind, and spirit. In addition to having antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties, Triphala can benefit us in the following ways:
- Can help improve bowel movement frequency and reduce constipation by promoting the growth of beneficial gut microbes
- Reduces toxic waste from the body
- Can help nourish body tissue by positively affecting normal cell life cycles
- Can help protect cells from free radical damage since it is a natural source of Vitamin C
- Oral health
- Can help reduce plaque, and prevent cavities and gum disease
- Skin protectant
- Can increase collagen production
- Can protect skin cells and help wounds heal
- Can reduce blood glucose levels and cholesterol in people with Type 2 Diabetes