Kale is one of those veggies that you either love or hate.
But I want to share with you a few reasons why we love Kale and give you an easy recipe to use up ALL (yep finally!) the kale in your fridge.
First the benefits..
Kale is loaded with antioxidants. Why is that important? Because your body needs antioxidants to fight off free radicals, which are harmful to your body. Kale is also packed with Vitamin C, one cup of raw kale has even more than an orange! Eating more Kale may even lead to lowering your cholesterol and reducing your risk for heart disease. So give us allll the kale please!
Now for the recipe..
Protein-Packed Kale Pesto Pasta (Gluten-Free + Vegan)
This is a fantastic way to get more veggies into your or your kiddos diet, because who doesn't love pasta!? This pasta not only tastes amazing but it's actually grain-free too!
- 12oz Bag of Gluten-Free Red Lentil Pasta
- 3 bunches of Lacinto Kale (trimmed off the stem)
- 2/3 cup of walnuts
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 4 cloves of freshly pressed garlic
- Small bunch of microgreens for topping
- Salt + Pepper to Taste
How to Make it:
- Fill a pot 2/3 full of water and bring it to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook according to bag's instructions (usually 7 min)
- While the pasta is cooking, wash your Kale and pull it away from the stems.
- Add kale leaves, lemon juice, walnuts, olive oil, garlic and salt + pepper to your blender or food processor. (we use our Blendtec)
- Blend until you've reached a creamy consistency.
- When your pasta finishes, drain and rinse immediately, then return to the pot.
- Pour the pesto on your pasta and add mix.
- Top with microgreens and enjoy!