Breakfast! One of my favorite meals...
Lately we've been doing intermittent fasting with 16 hours fasting and 8 hours to eat, so breakfast has become a weekend treat! Trying to shed the COVID 15 is no easy feat 😅 so we're also sticking to low-carb Keto meals. These delicious lemony crepes will satisfy your sweet tooth and keep you going till that next meal and they're also super easy to make ( AND dairy-free + gluten-free 🙌). Enjoy this special treat any time of day!
Keto Lemon Breakfast Crepes
- 6 oz Diaya Cream Cheese (or another Vegan Substitute)
- 6 Eggs
- 1.5 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Lakanto Monk Fuit Sweetener
- 1/8 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1.5 tbsp Fresh-squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Grated lemon peels
- Microwave the Daiya cream cheese in the microwave until softened. Mix the cream cheese, eggs, coconut flour, monk fruit and xanthan gum together with a handheld mixer.
- Preheat your griddle or pan over medium-high heat. Spread melted coconut oil over the hot griddle or pan.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the hot griddle per crepe (I could fit 2 or 3 at a time on my griddle)
- When it starts to brown on the edges flip it and cook the second side.
- Repeat until you've finished up all the batter.
- Top with grated lemon peel and lemon juice + a sprinkle of monkfruit sweetener.