Happy Friday Everyone! This week’s ingredient spotlight is a flowering herb that grows wild in North America, not only is it beautiful but it boasts some powerful healing properties:
While it may be a familiar herbal remedy used for treating the common cold and flu, it has many other restorative benefits. It contains vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C, Iron, and Riboflavin and can help to heal wounds and improve your skin.
Here are a few more reasons to supplement with Echinacea:
- High in Antioxidants
- May help prevent cells from oxidative stress
- May boost immunity
- May reduce blood sugar levels
- Reducing blood sugar levels helps to prevent type 2 diabetes, heart disease and several other chronic conditions Flavonoids and Phenolic acids
- May help reduce inflammation
- Compounds found in Echinacea may help reduce inflammation, chronic pain, and swelling in the body
- May help reduce anxiety
- Echinacea contains alkamides, rosmarinic acid and caffeic acid which may reduce the feelings of anxiety
With all these amazing benefits you can see why Echinacea is so popular in herbal medicine. Baba loved to use Echinacea in her teas and remedies and we know Baba would be proud that we've heeded her wisdom and included this gem in our Immunity Powder too!
We wish you a safe and healthy weekend, and don't forget your Baba's 💚