Hi, Everyone! This week’s ingredient spotlight is another antioxidant powerhouse:
Dating back to 400 BC, Hippocrates, the “Father of Medicine” used elderberry to cure a variety of illnesses. Loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, elderberry may reduce the severity and duration of cold and flu symptoms, offer pain relief, and reduce the risk of some diseases.
What does Elderberry contain that makes it such a powerhouse?
- High in Vitamin A, C, and Potassium
- One cup of elderberries has 870 mg of Vitamin A, 52.2 mg of Vitamin C, and 406 mg of Potassium
- Helps to support a healthy immune system
- High in dietary fiber
- One cup of elderberries contains 10.2 grams of fiber
- Flavonoids and Phenolic acids
- May help reduce free radicals
- May help with the prevention of cancer and cardiovascular disease
- A flavonoid responsible for giving elderberry its dark pigment
- May offer antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties
This is a must-have herb to add to your arsenal - and the great news is it's part of Baba's superfood blend in our Immunity Powder. Stay safe out there and wear a mask 😷